How to Sleep Better with Sleep Coaching
Have you ever found yourself wide awake at night, watching the clock as it chugs along, each minute seeming to last an eternity?
Have you ever felt frustrated by persistent sleepless nights?
If so, you’re not alone.
Many people experience insomnia at some point in their lives. But did you know there’s a highly effective, scientifically-backed method to address insomnia?
It’s called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia, or CBT-I.
Insomnia is a common sleep disorder that can make it hard to fall asleep, stay asleep, or cause you to wake up too early and not be able to get back to sleep.
It’s typically followed by low energy, irritability, and a low mood. In some cases, insomnia can become chronic, leading to a decreased quality of life.
What is CBT-I?
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) is an approved, evidence-based approach to treat insomnia. It’s a structured program that helps you identify and replace thoughts and behaviors that cause or worsen sleep problems with habits that promote sound sleep.
Who Can Benefit?
- Anyone who has struggled with chronic insomnia.
- People looking for a non-medication approach to better sleep.
- Those ready to take practical steps towards improving their sleep quality.
How CBT-I Works
CBT-I works by breaking down your sleep patterns and beliefs about sleep. Here’s a brief overview of the key components:
- Sleep Education: This involves learning about healthy sleep and the factors that contribute to quality sleep.
- Stimulus Control: This involves associating your bed and bedroom with sleep and establishing a consistent sleep-wake schedule.
- Sleep Restriction: This method decreases the time spent in bed, causing partial sleep deprivation, which makes you more tired the next night.
- Behavioral and Cognitive Techniques: Here, we work together to help you change negative attitudes and beliefs about sleep, as well as bad habits.
- Relaxation Techniques: This includes techniques like deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, and mindfulness exercises to reduce anxiety around sleep.
The Benefits of CBT-I
CBT-I has shown significant effectiveness in improving sleep quality and decreasing the symptoms of insomnia. Unlike sleeping pills, CBT-I helps you overcome the underlying causes of your sleep problems.
It is the first-line treatment for insomnia recommended by the American College of Physicians.
CBT-I empowers you to change your own thoughts and behaviors related to sleep, ultimately leading to long-term improvements in sleep quality and daytime functioning.
It is a natural, non-pharmacological method that equips you with the skills and strategies to manage your sleep health independently, reducing the need for long-term medication.
Why Choose Me?
I am certified in CBT-I and have helped many clients see improvements in their sleep.
With specialized expertise in sleep behaviors and the thoughts that influence them, I offer a focused approach to transform your sleep.
This program is exclusively dedicated to addressing sleep-related challenges.
It’s about reshaping your sleep habits and the thought patterns that affect them.
Please note: this offering is a sleep coaching program, distinct from the mental health counseling I am licensed to provide exclusively in Florida.
If you’re experiencing issues like anxiety or depression that also affect your sleep, it’s essential to address these with a mental health professional that is licensed in your state.
My role is to focus solely on your sleep habits and the behaviors that are keeping you from resting easy!
For more information on how to get started, reach out to me today!